I’ve been making boards for local Lennox Head surfer Zac Wightman for around 8 years now. He has progressed from a frothing little grom, riding 4’10s, up to an amazing Junior surfer who, at only 16 years of age, has an awesome future ahead of him.
Zac is an incredible, explosive free surfer who loves a barrel and is not scared to paddle out when some decent swell kicks in. He has grown into the competition side of surfing and has a great track record when it comes to results. I’ve seen him time and time again enter an event and not only win it, but win every heat on his way to the final.
His accomplishments so far:
- 1st U/12 Gromfest
- 1st U/13 Ocean & Earth Teenage Rampage
- 1st U/14 Fox Grom Shootout
- 1st U/14 Taj Small Fries
- 1st U/16 NSW State School Titles
- 1st U/16 Coolum Junior Classic
- 1st LE-BA Cadets Division
- 8th World Junior Titles Ecuador 2014
- 9th Cloud 9 WQS 2014
Zac currently rides a 5’9 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/8 ATOM model.